Hornady 6.5mm 140gr SST – 100
- Caliber: 6.5mm / .264″
- Product Line: SST
- Ballistic Coefficient: .520 (G1)
- Weight: 140gr
- Application: Hunting
Hornady 6.5mm 140gr SST
The Hornady® SST® (Super Shock Tip) is designed to deliver tremendous shock on impact while expanding quickly and reliably, particularly at higher velocities.
Flat shooting and deadly accurate, it’s an ideal bullet for whitetails, as well as most North American game animals from antelope to moose and similar-sized African plains game. The SST® creates a devastatingly large wound channel.
- POLYMER TIP: Upon impact, the hard polymer tip drives into the lead core like a wedge, initiating lightning-fast, yet controlled expansion.
- SECANT OGIVE, BOATTAIL PROFILE: Incorporating the pioneering Hornady secant ogive design, the tapered point, increased bearing surface and more aerodynamic profile, combined with a boattail base, makes the SST® more efficient with less drag and greater stability.
- CANNELURE: A mid-body cannelure helps keep the core and jacket together while providing a consistent, accurate crimp during the loading process.
- INTERLOCK® RING: This Hornady exclusive design mechanically locks the core and jacket together to maintain bullet integrity during expansion, ensuring maximum weight retention and increasing the chances of complete pass-throughs.